14 August 2006

I get by with a little help from my friends

Recently a number of you have sent encouraging and kind words about my blog, and each time it prompts me to reflect upon how lucky I am to know so many interesting, intelligent and wonderful people. I have been so fortunate in my life to encounter a variety of friends from different backgrounds across the globe, with each and every one making a contribution to my enrichment and happiness as a person. I am truly thankful to have developed such a terrific community over the years and honored to call its members my friends. When times are tough as an expat, I often play back a video in my mind of my favorite memories with my loved ones, savoring the images like a fine wine…and realizing that I have truly been blessed over the decades. This never fails to help me get through any adversity.
In a nod to Sandra Bernhard, “Without you, I’m nothing” and in another to the old Bartles and James ads, "Thank you for your support."

No comments: